9.03.2013
First day of School: First grade
New lunch box with a sling so she can carry it hands-free per her request. Same backpack. Freshly sharpened pencils and a new pair of closed-toe shoes. We didn't meet her teacher beforehand because we were on vacation. Oops. We didn't walk to her new classroom either. Big oops. We were driving to school when I realized she had no idea where she was going. So I quickly gave her a room number and a couple landmarks. She reassured me that she would find it. I prayed for her in the car as we did every day last year. Prayed for her learning and friends. Prayed for her safety and wisdom and kindness. Without hesitation or fear, she hopped out of the car, ready for the new year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Happy first day, Em. You look so grown up and must have been pretty prepared to start school again. Hope it went well and you enjoy your teacher and classmates. - Auntie H
Post a Comment