7.04.2011

Dinner with Donald Rumsfeld

When I had the chance to go to dinner with Donald Rumsfeld, I knew I had to go. 
I have always wanted to name a child after him.
Don't tell my husband.
I love him because he is a good man and I like his policies.
He is brilliant and funny too.
Mars at the Laguna Niguel Ritz Carlton.  
Plus, I go back to Laguna when ever I have the chance.
We enjoyed this view between the beginning activities, the cocktail party, and dinner.
My mom and myself.
A quick shot of the fancy dinner.  So delicious.
Donald Rumsfeld smiling at me.  I was smiling back.
We chatted.  I love this guy.
Enamored by the chandeliers.
And the dessert. To die for.
 Mars posing at the Ritz Carlton. 


After listening to Mr Rumsfeld speak, he took questions.
In a huge room, there were a lot of questions but
the moderator picked mine to be first!
And my mom's to be second!
Only six were asked total.
Special.
I think we are kindred spirits.

My question:
"My husband has been to Iraq three times. The second time he was blown up and burned but returned a third time.  He will be in Afghanistan by November.  Is the war worth the personal cost?"
 He started his answer by leading the entire room full of hundreds of people in clapping for Colin and thanking him for his service.  
That was special for me.
Then he listed all of the good things that have happened in Iraq and Afghanistan. 
It was a long answer.
A moment I will never forget.


America is an exceptional country.
I celebrate the freedoms that have brought prosperity and happiness.
Like every July, I read the Constitution 
so I never forget the principles that our freedoms are based on.
The Pledge of Allegiance is sweet and a little bitter
because Daddy is gone so much.
We celebrate today and will celebrate again when he is home!














1 comment:

Becky Langenwalter said...

Nice pics. Whatever you were saying to Mr. Rumsfeld, you had him laughing =)