11.02.2012

First Day of School

 This is a bit late but I still wanted to share.
Emily was so ready for school.
We talked about it.  Drove to the preview day.
And then it finally happened.
I packed a lunch. New backpack.  Sharpened pencils. Cute eraser.
 Sister wore her best ballet outfit.
We walked her in and I tried to reassure her but she didn't need it.
It was no big deal.  So after a couple of kisses and small prayer, Katie and I left.
She loves school. 
 She does occasionally try to convince me she really doesn't like it and wants to stay home with sister and me.
 But we manage to get her to class.  No tears.  No rushing.
 Just one step at a time.  She loves to tell me all about her day.   I know this won't last forever so I eat it up.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Liz, these pictures capture such character and personality. Thanks for sharing. Wish I didn't live so far away and got to play the role of "fun aunt" although they sure don't need one with you as the mom

Liz said...

Oh Thanks. That's sweet.

These girls have so much personality! I love their faces too.