2.13.2012

Backyard fun.

 Em is really interested in sorting.
Sticks,
beads,
game pieces,
you name it and she'll sort it.
 We continue to read the Little House on the Prarie series.
We finished another book last night.
When we came across this cow, it reminded us of Suki.
 A small hammock is so much fun.
The girls will spend hours playing with it.
Rocking back and forth,
trying to fit both girls in with out tipping over,
watching the clouds.
Love it.
 Aunt Becca helped the girls climb the fence.
Emily loved it.
So the next week, I found her up there by herself.
It is a testament to her strength.
Then she wanted to walk on the top beam!
My heart almost beat out of my chest.
 Proudly wearing her watch that took three months to earn.
She had to tell the time for each whole hour before we would bring home
the dolphin watch.
 This is trap. 
A rabbit trap.
"Mom, a rabbit better get trapped soon or a bear is going to get trapped instead.
And I don't want a bear, I want a rabbit." -Emily
I helped a bit with this trap.
It was inspired by Mr. Grylls.
Love that guy.
Here is Emily climbing with the kitten.
She is determined.
Every time she gets tired, I offer to take her down but she will have none of it. 
She climbed 60 feet back and 60 feet front.
The entire time, I am contemplating 
am I the encouraging, free mom who supports her daughters 
or
allowing my daughter to do dangerous things?
I did gently warn her that falling was not an option.
And I did stand there prepared to catch her.
It worked out an she is so proud of herself.
I am glad I didn't ruin her accomplishment by demanding safety first.

No comments: