6.15.2011

Swim lessons

A sweet moment after swim lessons.
I hated swim lessons. 
I wanted to vomit the moment my mom told me to put my swim suit on.
The very moment. My throat tightened, my stomach lurched.
And it only got worse as we drove to the local Christian University.
They were the meanest Christians I ever met.
I hated the school and I have been highly suspicious of Christians ever since.
Whoa, this isn't about me.
So E is taking swim lessons.
At a posh residence with a salt water pool.
A few mamas privately hired a local life guard.
Sounds swanky but really we are just trying not to traumatize our kids.
Going under water is hard.  It comes naturally for some but not for us.
E is struggling but over coming.
She improves a lot each lesson.  
The only girl, she practices her kicks with out trying to splash the others.
So she may go all summer and not really swim.  Who cares.
Today she was brave. 
Good job kid.

No comments: