12.14.2010

I was bummed when I got sick 5 days before Katie's first birthday party. 
I didn't know it was going to be so bad.
I didn't get out of bed the entire week.
My sister came to rescue my almost starving children.
How many days can kids eat canned corn and peas?
I missed the Biola Christmas tree lighting that I attend every year.
and worse of all, I had to cancel the party.

But a girl must have a party so the following week we partied.
It wasn't as big but it was really fun and that's all that matters.

One of Katie's favorite spots.  Waiting for her 1st birthday party to start.

Opening her gift from Mom and Dad.
The table was decorated with The Hungry Caterpillar decorations.
I changed the theme two days before the party because I felt like it.

Auntie Rachel made Katie felt food. A huge hit with the girls.
The cake was fun to make and more fun to eat. Loved the rainbow. 
I couldn't taste it because my sense of smell has not returned.
Bummer. 
But everyone else seemed to enjoy it.
Of course, the Hungry Caterpillar turned into a beautiful butterfly. 
The end.

No comments: