4.10.2009

Help...



Emily insists on reading but she can't read by herself so I am stuck for what seems like hours reading the same books over and over. She isn't up more than 10 minutes before she brings the first book over. My limit is 15 books at a time before I make her find something else to do. A couple times I have even turned the tv on to distracted her. No dice! She doesn't care about tv! I know I shouldn't complain. My current favorite book is Hooway for Wodney Wat. It's about a rat named Rodney who has a speech impediment so he can't say his r's. It's hillarious. If anyone wants to donate reading time, Emily can use your services.

3 comments:

Jeannett said...

Luckily Henry likes TV...even luckier, he kinda self restricts...he likes it but gets bored with it after 15 to 20 minutes, so I never have to worry about him watching too much. He just kinda gets up and starts playing...but man, those 15 minutes!!! Heaven! (And this coming from a mom who SWORE she wouldn't let her kids watch TV before 3 years old! HA!) Andy and I have read Beep the Police Car about 467,487 times. SIgh...

Jeannett said...

Luckily Henry likes TV...even luckier, he kinda self restricts...he likes it but gets bored with it after 15 to 20 minutes, so I never have to worry about him watching too much. He just kinda gets up and starts playing...but man, those 15 minutes!!! Heaven! (And this coming from a mom who SWORE she wouldn't let her kids watch TV before 3 years old! HA!) Andy and I have read Beep the Police Car about 467,487 times. SIgh...

jeric2003 said...

We'll have to start bringing books for after church!