About 50+ years ago when surfing was just getting started, Emily's great grandpa started making surfboards and surfing at the very popular Doheny beach. It's still very popular with the surfers and with our family. With the warm weather so late this year, it's been great to stop by the beach. Like always, Emily was more excited about the birds and surfers than playing in the waves.
4 comments:
Cool that Colin's grandpa made surfboards! I didn't know Colin surfed! We have friends who keep trying to get Andy into it, but he doesn't seem that interested...we'll see. :)
Nope, it's my grandpa. My mom's dad. Some of the surfboards are still at the Huntington beach home that my grandparents built themselves.
Surfing is fun. When you crash, it doesn't hurt. I only went a few times when I could borrow a board. I'm sure Andy will enjoy it.
Oh! HA! I just automatically assumed it was his side of the family! I don't know why...hmmm. Duh, and I totally knew that your grandparents lived in HB, I've been there. My brain is obviously mush. Thank goodness it's the weekend! :)
Obviously baby brain.
Post a Comment