Independence day started by attending the funeral of a student of Colin's. Young guy, 19 years old. Good funeral, a lot of military showed up. This is especially meaningful because it was a 1.5 hour drive in the middle of holiday leave. The protesters showed up also. They had published the 'sermon' they planned on reading including lines like 'God hates your son' and 'thank God for roadside bombs'. Thankfully there is a biker gang who also showed up and kept the protesters out of the cemetery. The bikers were yelled at and spit on, etc. I'm sure they can handle wimpy protesters. The rest of the day was the usual food, fireworks and patriotic music. Emily watched the fireworks but the music was her favorite part.
Finger update: I have avoided looking at the sewing machine after my recent experience. I almost step aside as I walk by just in case I trip and impale myself again. So I figured I should 'get back on the horse' and I looked at the stitch. There is over an inch of thread with my blood on it! It is good I was working on the red part of the quilt.
No comments:
Post a Comment